- Noted. His week block was his only warning. If he continues with his crap, I'll permaban him. CardinalDan 04:01, 21 October 2007 (CDT)
From: Sicksorrow "Concerning The Hope of Tomorrow"
Please don't... since my edit's are the actual lyrics from the booklet off of his album. And truthfully they make more sense...
- Sorry, I was under the assumption that the previous lyrics were in fact the official lyrics, since they were froom the OST... CardinalDan 20:24, 30 November 2009 (UTC)
- from: Sicksorrow
- No problem man no harm done... and still I was suprised as well about the new lyrics.
Importing Work From the MMG Wiki
Hey there Dan. It's not entirely clear how long MMG will be sustained, so I'm considering importing the work I've done so far into this wiki. Would any of the information be something you'd like to see here? I have information for DDR, ITG2, Taiko, Jubeat, and GF/DM to offer. -- Ryujin 16:12, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- Well, the IIDX and Pop'n work would most definitely be welcome here. As for the others, I am not so sure, but I can see if it can be allowed here. The majority of people who are on here probably are familiar with the games, so it may be possible, but I should check first. CardinalDan 17:48, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- Okay. Following up from what we talked about yesterday, I'll import what I have of Jubeat and GF/DM when the time is right. I think it would be more appropriate for you to include the sections on the front page first, as I don't want to confuse everyone with random pages for Jubeat and GF/DM out of nowhere. -- Ryujin 19:38, 15 January 2010 (UTC)
What's your stance on GF/DM information? I thought that wasn't confirmed as an addition to RemyWiki just yet, but I see Riskjunk adding a lot of links for GF/DM artists/songs in his pages. -- Ryujin 15:06, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
- For now, I would concentrate on adding stuff on Pop'n and jubeat first, and when that is reasonably settled, then add stuff from GF/DM. CardinalDan 21:54, 19 January 2010 (UTC)
Pop'n 18 Song Title Translations
For the most part I agree with Riskjunk's translations, but the ones for Lovely Kunoichi Pop and Kokoro no Clutch don't look right so I'd like to get a second opinion since you have a pretty good Japanese background. -- Ryujin 15:45, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
- I'll look into it when I have time, perhaps later tonight. CardinalDan 18:01, 29 January 2010 (UTC)
IIDX 18 Recort anthem
Please put on IIDX 18 Recort Anthempage on IIDXicon.
- OK. CardinalDan 16:31, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
Jubeat Information vs. Jubeat General Information
What did you want to do with the General Information page? I'm thinking Jubeat Information already covers a lot of what would be "general information," so is General Information for things like presentation and gameplay aspects? I'm also thinking the Song and Artist categories could be added to the main page, similar to the IIDX and Pop'n links. -- Ryujin 15:08, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- Since most of the relevant information was already covered in the Jubeat info page, I took it out. If information such as gameplay and presentation need to be added, it can either be added into the existing page or added as a subpage from the Jubeat info page. I also fixed the main page so that the Jubeat songs category can be seen.
AS for the GF/DM pages, most of the basic pages are set up, but there are a few hitches left to be fixed, mostly trying to fix the navigation page without it interfering with the rest of the wiki. CardinalDan 19:41, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
About the IIDX character backstories
Hi Dan, where did you get the scans of Arcadia magazine of the IIDX character section? Do you know which volumes published the character introduction? Cause I would like to purchase those volumes from Japan...Thanks!
- Most of the stuff I got were from some Japanese website, which I forget where. As for as the volumes that you are concerned about, I think that they were from February/March 2006 - April 2009. The website stopped posting them after that date, so I would not know if the magazine was still posting information on the characters or not. CardinalDan 21:24, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
- Edit: Changed dates, also, the magazine stopped publishing the dj info in April 2009, presumably due to the Roots26 albums. CardinalDan 03:47, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
- So only one character is introduced in each volume? If so...that's a lot to buy...Thanks!
- Not exactly. AFAIK, they periodically had a character introduced. I think it was once every other issue, since they did not cover all of the GOLI djs (I think 1/2 of them). But all issues usually had a comic involving the djs and popularity rankings. CardinalDan 17:24, 17 June 2010 (UTC)
Category for Vocalists?
- That's a good idea. CardinalDan 14:49, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
Hey there Dan, Morning Blue proposed to add in another category over at TAKA's talk page. Sounded good to me - wanted to give you a chance to check the discussion. -- Ryujin 14:08, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
Spam Page Protection Procedure
Hey Dan. What's your usual procedure for protecting pages from future spam attempts? Are you selecting sysops only and infinite time? -- Ryujin 13:40, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- I first block the user (infinite time), then delete the page, then finally protect the page(only sysops can edit). Usually keeps spam pages from being remade and temporarily stops spambots. CardinalDan 14:13, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- Also,I've asked Remy for some stuff to slow down the wave of spambots (which he has done). If it gets bad, however, I may ask him to install more restrictive measures, which I hope it doesn't get to that point. CardinalDan 14:16, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
Temp Blocking New Accounts?
With the surprisingly high surge of spam recently, is there a way to prevent others from starting new accounts for a few days or so? It's gone beyond spamming existing articles now. --M.B. 19:33, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
why don't just prevent all new accounts to do any edit (including their talk page) before verifying (message to a mod)? --luppolo 23:08, 31 January 2011 (UTC)
- OK, I've sent Remy an e-mail seeing if he can set up a confirm account page to disable direct account creation and requires submission and approval of accounts by bureaucrats and sysops. Hopefully, it should help in limiting the spam attacks. I've also asked him to set up some more spam filters so that some of the spam will be caught before it gets posted.
Hopefully, it will all work out.CardinalDan 06:47, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
any news form remy? this is getting out of hand----
- Unfortunately, nothing so far. I just resent him the request for new account verification and more spam filters, so we'll see how that goes. Right now, all I can really do is range block spam IPs, although finding a balance between access and blocking spammers is tough, especially since the spam is coming in from so many countries (China, Turkey, Indonesia, Nigeria, Poland, Brazil, etc.).
In the meantime, I am thinking of some measures that I can do that may help.
Sorry about the delay. CardinalDan 17:48, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
dunno what privileges you got, but can't you just disable account creation at all and put a notice on main page to contact you if someone wants to register? if you can do this i'm sure it will take much less time than deleting/blocking/protecting each spam bot and articles. or maybe have a sort of blacklist to prevent creation of pages with specific words in title, for example blacklisting "jobs" will cut off much stuff--luppolo 18:34, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- If I had that power, I certainly would have done so a long time ago. However, Remy is the one that owns the wiki and, by extension, the servers hosting the wiki, so he is the only one that can change the code for the wiki and therefore, he's the one that can enact the changes. CardinalDan 03:09, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- Update: Confirm account now up. All sysops can confirm any new accounts. Spam filter will be updated in the next few days, hopefully will take care of most of the spambots, although a few sleeper ones may still come up. CardinalDan 04:30, 16 February 2011 (UTC)