Waxing and wanding
waxing and wanding
Are you ready? Bass from outer s-, bass from outer s- Are you ready? [cut up sample] Brain power! *repeat
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of waxing and wanding appears on the CARDINAL GATE conclusion album (on beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS's Special edition).
- Another long version of waxing and wanding appears on the bonus disc of Ryu☆'s first album, starmine.
- Yet another long version of waxing and wanding, titled waxing and wanding (BD MIX), appears on 青龍's first album, BLUE DRAGON. This version of the song has the whole intro removed.
- A remix of waxing and wanding by kors k, titled waxing and wanding (kors k mix), also appears on Ryu☆'s first album, starmine.
- Another remix of waxing and wanding by JAKAZiD, titled waxing and wanding (JAKAZiD's 新月 Remix), appears on the cyber beatnation 2 -Hi Speed conclusion- album.
- waxing and wanding is one of the four CARDINAL GATE songs, along with CONTRACT, Ganymede and 華蝶風雪.
- waxing and wanding's title refers to two phases of the moon, "waxing" (when it changes from new moon to full moon) and "waning" (from full moon to new moon).
- The song was intended to be called "waxing and waning", but was accidentally submitted as "waxing and wanding", according to this interview.
- The video features two embodiments of Seiryuu, one being a blue dragon, and the other being a woman in kimono, resembling the woman in the video of 雪月花 (another Ryutaro Nakahara song with a GOLI video).
- Seiryu (青龍) is a Chinese god that is a blue dragon.
- waxing and wanding is the second song of Lincle Link 5 to be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT limelight. It becomes available once Glass Level 25 has been reached.
Song Production Information
I love the moon.
Once when I was travelling to Europe, when we were flying over Siberia, the only thing floating up in an empty, and I mean truly empty, sky was a perfectly round moon. It looked just like a shimmering, perfectly round pearl. The nature of the air high in the atmosphere lent to the effect, and it traced out an arc in extremely high resolution. As I was watching this gem of the heavens and bathed in its almost mystical light, I fell into the impression that all of my everyday cares were being healed.
This image is burned deep into my retinas.
This wonderful voyage occurred four months after I finished this song.
What!? Yes, that's right. Four months after. Almost exactly.
The passage before was just making up an image. Sorry. I'll reflect on what I've done.
As I made this song, I was thinking lots of exuberant thoughts like "Oh~, the moon. It's awesome~! So fabulous!"
Yes. That's right! It was four months after. I just grew a little bit, is all.
Don't make me say it over and over again.
Well, thank you so very much for having a look again today. This has been Seiryuu, and now everything is exposed.
For some reason, T called this song "wowow".
Maybe it doesn't abbreviate very well, I just don't get it, it's just one thing after another ...
And so, with everything exposed, this is Sei ... huh? Hey, I told you, it was four months later!
Four months later, and not a centimeter more! Get serious, I'm gonna get mad!
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
REFLEC BEAT difficulty rated from 1 to 10+. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→14 GOLD||-||7||10||11||7||10||12|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→Present||-||7||10||11||7||10||↓11|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||7||10||11||7||10||11|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||7||10||11||7||10||11|
|REFLEC BEAT limelight→Present||3||7||10|