Waxing and wanding
waxing and wanding
Are you ready? Bass from outer s-, bass from outer s- Are you ready? [cut up sample] Brain power! *repeat
Song Connections / Remixes
- A long version of waxing and wanding appears on the CARDINAL GATE conclusion album (on beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS's Special edition).
- A remix of waxing and wanding by kors k, titled waxing and wanding (kors k mix), also appears on Ryu☆'s first album, starmine.
- Another remix of waxing and wanding by JAKAZiD, titled waxing and wanding (JAKAZiD's 新月 Remix), appears on the cyber beatnation 2 -Hi Speed conclusion- album.
- waxing and wanding is one of the four CARDINAL GATE songs, along with CONTRACT, Ganymede and 華蝶風雪.
- waxing and wanding's title refers to two phases of the moon, "waxing" (when it changes from new moon to full moon) and "waning" (from full moon to new moon).
- The song was intended to be called "waxing and waning", but was accidentally submitted as "waxing and wanding", according to this interview.
- Seiryu (青龍) is the Japanese name of Qinglong, a Chinese god that represents the east and the spring season.
- The video features two embodiments of Seiryuu, one being a blue dragon, and the other being a woman in kimono, resembling the woman in the video of 雪月花 (another Ryutaro Nakahara song with a GOLI video).
- waxing and wanding is the second song of Lincle Link 5 to be unlocked in REFLEC BEAT limelight. It becomes available once Glass Level 25 has been reached.
Song Production Information
I love the moon.
Once when I was travelling to Europe, when we were flying over Siberia, the only thing floating up in an empty, and I mean truly empty, sky was a perfectly round moon. It looked just like a shimmering, perfectly round pearl. The nature of the air high in the atmosphere lent to the effect, and it traced out an arc in extremely high resolution. As I was watching this gem of the heavens and bathed in its almost mystical light, I fell into the impression that all of my everyday cares were being healed.
This image is burned deep into my retinas.
This wonderful voyage occurred four months after I finished this song.
What!? Yes, that's right. Four months after. Almost exactly.
The passage before was just making up an image. Sorry. I'll reflect on what I've done.
As I made this song, I was thinking lots of exuberant thoughts like "Oh~, the moon. It's awesome~! So fabulous!"
Yes. That's right! It was four months after. I just grew a little bit, is all.
Don't make me say it over and over again.
Well, thank you so very much for having a look again today. This has been Seiryuu, and now everything is exposed.
For some reason, T called this song "wowow".
Maybe it doesn't abbreviate very well, I just don't get it, it's just one thing after another ...
And so, with everything exposed, this is Sei ... huh? Hey, I told you, it was four months later!
Four months later, and not a centimeter more! Get serious, I'm gonna get mad!
Video Production Information
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12.
REFLEC BEAT difficulty rated from 1 to 10+. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD→14 GOLD||-||7||10||11||7||10||12|
|beatmania IIDX 15 DJ TROOPERS→Present||-||7||10||11||7||10||↓11|
|beatmania IIDX 13 DistorteD CS||3||7||10||11||7||10||11|
|beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST||3||7||10||11||7||10||11|
|REFLEC BEAT limelight→Present||3||7||10||—|
|REFLEC BEAT plus||3||7||10||—|