Artist: 朱雀 (Suzaku)
Composition/Arrangement: Yoshitaka Nishimura
Genre: DECEPTIVE GABBA
VJ: MAYA (GOLD→Lincle), VJ GYO (tricoro→Present)
Video Type: Full + Overlay & Miss Screen
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD
Other Music Game Appearances:
- DanceDanceRevolution X2 AC
- VANESSA is the default Extra Stage song in beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD and its CS counterpart.
- A remix of VANESSA by TAG, titled VANESSA -轉生篇-, can be found in GuitarFreaks V5 & DrumMania V5,
- Throughout the entire video of this song, a portrait of "Vanessa" is displayed. Depending on the song performance, the portrait portrays certain facial expressions.
- VANESSA features a loud guitar sound, which has been used on every 朱雀 song so far.
- VANESSA is one of two songs (the other being KAMAITACHI) on beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD CS that feature a special chart only available in Dan mode.
- This chart was revived as a Black ANOTHER chart on beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS + PREMIUM BEST.
- The portrait can be seen hanging above a small throne in the background animation for beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS' Extra Stage system, EMPRESS PLACE.
- VANESSA's video was removed from the IIDX arcade games as of beatmania IIDX 20 tricoro due to technical issues. It has since been replaced with a generic video. However, its original video can still be found in the hard drive data.
Song Production Information
There is enough separation between "mental anguish" and normality.
The melody is divided between left and right as if to echo his thoughts full of hypocrisy.
He was seen as a "moralist" but suffered as a "hypocrite." His ultimate fate will be welcome to him!
Video Production Information
Vanessa de Verdet
Earl Vanessa de Verde.
He was so obsessed with the idea of noble life that he suffered sadly for it.
A portrait called Earl Vanessa portrays the grief that dwells with him.
In 1845, the painting, which had the bottom half burnt during the war, was restored.
Currently, the painting is kept at a particular museum.
There seems to be a strange event, where a burnt ash pile gathers under his portrait.
... or maybe not.