Artist: dj REMO-CON VS dj TAKA
Composition/Arrangement: Tetsuya Tamura, Takayuki Ishikawa
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD CS
Other Music Game Appearances: None
- One of the six collaborative songs on beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD CS.
- GOLDEN CROSS's video has had so much influence that beatmania IIDX 14 GOLD CS can be bought together with the Japanese shogi simulator for the Nintendo DS Appare! Shogi Jisan at a cheaper price.
- The show title seen at the beginning says Kyou no Shogi or Today's Shogi, which mimics a format commonly used in Japanese TV shows.
- dj TAKA and dj REMO-CON appear as the TV commentators in the movie, with VJ GYO appearing as the shogi master. DJ Yoshitaka appears as the judge/timekeeper. Japanese Akiba idol Kiyoa Imari appears as the round announcer and kototoi appears as the shogi challenger.
- The fan mentioned in the video production notes (see below) that VJ GYO is holding says "It's a Full Combo!" (when translated into English).
- GOLDEN CROSS was later added to beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS as an Extra Stage in the Parallel Rotation GOLD folder.
Song Production Information
Hey, this is my first collaboration with dj TAKA!
To tell the truth, even with my musical experience, this was a beginner's experience for me.
Using a microphone for mixing, we recorded an effective sound which I feel you will not forget the tension of the song, under any circumstances.
One DJ in the world represents the techno sound of Japan, Remo-con. If it is possible, I feel that this is a great honor to be working with him. To all the users who requested this, I thank you!
If you have any questions about the completion of this song, I am happy to hear it. You will hear it in any case!
And, just looking at the movie (laughing)
Video Production Information
During a certain cold and quiet winter night, a certain dj asked, "We would like you to make a movie. The theme we would like has to do with shogi, is that alright?"
At first, I thought that it was a joke, but they were actually serious about it.
"So, who do you want to direct it?"
The dj then hit my shoulder may with such severe force.
What -!? Me -!? "All right! All right!" The dj had a smiling face.
After all, it was serious.
VJ GYO and kototoi participated in the filming stage, using the IIDX director's home. Mariko Asan was filmed, along with dj Yoshitaka, dj Remo-con, and dj TAKA. It was a tremendous effort, although writing the letters on the fan for the secondary editor was a bit tough.
U1-ASAMi helped with the recording for this. And despite all of the excessive effort I asked from all of you, you all showed a splendid performance, especially the two producers and the programmer. You all made this movie possible. I want to send my greatest appreciation with all my heart.
Although it was made, the Japanese fan did not make much of an appearance in the film.