Composition/Arrangement: Galdeira (Tomosuke Funaki, Yoshitaka Nishimura)
VJ: 林林（もとackermann） (overlays by GOLI)
Genre: AKASHIC RECORDS
First Music Game Appearance: beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS
Other Music Game Appearances: None.
Song Connections / Remixes
- According to Tomosuke's twitter account, Almagest was made from the prototype of Macuilxochitl that was remixed by Galdeira. This is noticeable from the intro and the piano near the synth part in the middle of Almagest.
- Almagest is the PARALLEL ROTATION ONE MORE EXTRA STAGE song in beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS.
- The Almagest is a 2nd-century mathematical and astronomical treatise on the apparent motions of the stars and planetary paths. More information on the Almagest can be found in its Wikipedia page here.
- Almagest's genre, AKASHIC RECORDS, is a new age term refering to a tome that contains all of the knowledge of the universe.
- Almagest's Single NORMAL chart was slightly changed in beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem, removing several scratches in charge note sections that were difficult on the 2P side.
Song Production Information
A new era.
Imagine the power.
Imagine the judgment of that power.
A new frontier where only a select few can go.
Know that the answer is "Almagest."
Video Production Information
I received a powerful image from GOLI, and combined it with the other animations and images in the movie.
I cross-referenced the movie with that of the movie for 卑弥呼 and felt that the movies were similar.
I then took great efforts to make the movie. Working alone, the toughest part was making the mecha spread its wings out like a butterfly!
Mr. GOLI was able to draw images that can move people, and I incorporated 3-D like animations into the film.
I tried to make this movie on a grand scale. I'm doing well-I hope.
Difficulty & Notecounts
beatmania IIDX difficulty rated from 1 to 12. (Ratings and notecounts obtained from BEMANIWiki 2nd.)
|Game||SP Difficulty||DP Difficulty|
|Notecounts / Charge Notes / Backspin Scratches||-||519 / 18 / 2||1146 / 16 / 2||1629 / 18 / 2||506 / 18 / 2||1117 / 18 / 2||1746 / 18 / 2|
|beatmania IIDX 17 SIRIUS||-||※6||11||12||6||11||12|
|beatmania IIDX 18 Resort Anthem→Present||-||↑7||11||12||6||11||12|
※ The notecount of this chart is different from the later revision of the chart (526 Notes, 18 Charge Notes, and 2 Backspin Scratches).