So, regarding Porn Day:
- I did not win.
- That honor was split between Steve “Art Guy” Tze and Ann “Support Girl” Binlot.I think I placed 3rd with about 4 positive hits.
- It’s rather fascinating how many things Google is ineffective at filtering with SafeSearch on – like “creampies”.
- My boss now knows what the previously mentioned term refers to.
- I believe he emitted a loud “UGH” when he found out.
- There are a handful of sites on the internet that are really, really hard to block. You couldn’t tell from the meager HTML source it was porn.
- I’m happy to report that BumperCar is very effective at blocking kids from evil things at the default settings.
- I added ICRA ratings to the root of my blog today – I figure that now that there’s a browser on the Mac that supports them, it’s not a horrible idea. I got a strange satisfaction from checking the “Content may set a bad example for children” button.
That’s all I’ve got for now; we’re probably doing another quick check tomorrow before we hopefully GM.