Writings Elsewhere / Clippings
While this blog has always been my primary writing channel, I have written for other outlets off and on over that same time period. Below is a general collection of clippings from other places I’ve written.
Macworld Magazine – “Working Mac: Launch Your Productivity” in the January 2007 issue. Contributed a short section about cool things you could do with Quicksilver.
Notable articles from my tenure covering the NYC soccer scene and other related topics:
- Red Bulls 0 DC United 1: Mediocrity Returns (The Viper’s Nest)
- Worst Timing Ever: RBNY Begins 2012 Season Ticket Sales (The Viper’s Nest)
- Tim Ream Leaves Red Bulls For Premier League (Gothamist)
- With Home Opener Looming, Red Bulls Ready To Go (Gothamist)
- MLS Still Set On A Soccer Stadium Somewhere In NYC (Gothamist)
- USMNT Fail To Qualify For Summer Olympics Soccer (Gothamist)
- Chelsea FC Are Coming To Yankee Stadium (Gothamist)
- Talkin’ Trash: D.C. United vs. New York Red Bulls? Or, Should We Say, Proud Victors vs. Over-Caffeinated Losers? (DCist)
- The US Open Cup Shouldn’t Be For Sale (Empire of Soccer)
- MLS Week 15: fan previews (The Guardian) – contributor
- World’s Game In World’s Park? MLS Proposes New Soccer Stadium In Flushing Meadows (Gothamist) – cited by Jack Bell of the New York Times in his coverage.
- A “Win-Win For Queens”: Assemblyman Moya On Major League Soccer’s Expansion Plan (Gothamist) – interview with Assemblyman Francisco Moya (D-Forest Hills).
- Kenny Cooper Cracks Philly: Red Bulls 2, Union 0 (Gothamist)
- Bitter Reactions To NCAA’s Punitive Penn State Sanctions (Gothamist) – created Storify compilation of Twitter reactions to NCAA sanctions.
- MLS Week 24: fan previews (The Guardian) – contributor
- Red Bulls Easily Handle Union 3-0, Will Face DC In Playoffs (Gothamist) DC United Fans FURIOUS That Sandy Forces Playoff Swap With Red Bulls(Gothamist)
- MLS playoffs: Conference semi-finals – fan previews (The Guardian) – contributor
- 17 Years, No Cups: DC United Steals It Late, Ends Red Bulls’ Playoff Run (Gothamist)
- Mike Petke Named Red Bulls Head Coach – And Why You Should Care (Gothamist)